Bunaken National Park is a marine park located in North Sulawesi, Indonesia. The park is located on the Coral Triangle, which is home to 390 species of coral reefs as well as various species of fish, mollusks, reptiles and marine mammals. Bunaken National Park is a representative of Indonesia's marine ecosystems, including sea grasslands, coral reefs and coastal ecosystems.

This national park was founded in 1991 and covers an area of ​​890.65 km². 97% of this national park is marine habitat, while the remaining 3% is land, covering five islands: Bunaken, Manado Tua, Mantehage, Naen and Siladen.

Bunaken National Park has a very rich coral reef ecosystem. There are around 390 species of coral reefs in the region. Algae species that can be found in Bunaken National Park are Caulerpa, Halimeda and Padina, while seaweed species that are commonly found are Thalassia hemprichii, Enhallus acoroides, and Thalassaodendron ciliatum. Bunaken National Park also has various species of fish, marine mammals, reptiles, birds, mollusks and mangroves. About 90 species of fish live in the waters of this region.

On land, this island is rich in Arecaceae, sago, woka, silar and coconut. In addition, Bunaken National Park also has species of animals that live on land, such as deer and cuscus. The mangrove forest in this park is a habitat for crabs, lobsters, mollusks and seabirds.

This National Park is very popular among diving sports lovers and underwater tourist lovers.

Nearest Destination

Ban Hin Kiong Temple, which is located on D.I street. Panjaitan or 'Chinese village' Manado is the oldest temple in the city of Manado. This temple was founded in 1819, then 1893 was built as an ashes house (Kong Tek Su). At the beginning of its establishment the temple was made of a simple bamboo board house. Ban Hin Kiong Temple began to be managed organically since 1935 through an organization of Sam Khauw Hwee association which was founded on the efforts and initiatives of two figures, namely Yo Sioe Sien and Que Boen Tjen.